A Sunday family breakfast just wouldn’t be the same without these waffles at the table with us. Another family favorite!
1 3/4 brown rice flour
3 tsp baking powder
2 chia eggs
1/2 cup vegan butter
1 1/4 cup non-dairy milk (almond, cashew, or oat work well)
- Put all ingredients into a bowl and whisk together.
The amount of waffles you get out of this recipe will depend on what kind of waffle maker you have. I have a Belgium waffle maker and can get 2 large waffles (2 waffles size/shape as photo above).
1 lb of gluten free spaghetti
6 tbsp vegan butter
10 cloves of garlic, minced (I LOVE garlic)
half cup (or more!) of basil
10 oz of spinach
salt/pepper to taste
juice of half a lemon
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- Heat the butter on medium heat and saute the garlic. Don’t cook it too high or too fast otherwise it’ll burn quick.
- Coarsely chop the spinach and basil. Stir into the garlic and butter. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with the juice of them lemon.
- Once spaghetti is done, drain and mix in with the garlic and greens.
1 cup of brown rice flour
1/2 cup of cocoa powder
1/4 tsp sea salt
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 chia egg (1 tbsp chia seed + 3 tbsp water. Mix to combine and let sit a few moments until gelatinous)
1 tbsp vegan butter (can use regular butter, coconut oil or ghee)
3-5 tablespoons of maple syrup (or honey if you prefer)
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Add all your ingredients into a food processor except the maple syrup. You could also just use a hand mixer for this part on a low speed.
- Pulse the ingredients while slowly adding maple syrup.
- Pulse/mix until it comes together. It will be crumbly but should form to shape as you work with it. (if not, add a little more syrup)
- Pinch into balls about the size of a pea. You could go slightly larger but will make less cereal. This part will take a little while.
- Bake for 12-13 minutes.
I am a stay at home mom with a passion for cooking as close to nature as possible. My recipes are MOSTLY vegan, nutritious, and definitely delicious.