Did you know that indoor air can be much more toxic than outdoor air?
Commercial household cleaners are the #1 source of poisoning in our children.
It may seem like toxic cleaning products aren’t all that harmful. After-all, it isn’t like we are ingesting them, so what harm could they pose? Well, just inhaling them can have a damaging effect.
We are bombarded with these chemicals on a daily basis thinking they are going good when in fact they are doing serious harm. Toxic household chemicals are overburdening our organs, which are constantly trying to detox, causing them to perform poorly or shut down. When our organs are no longer able to perform their jobs effectively we succumb to chronic illness.
Some cause acute, or immediate, hazards such as skin or respiratory irritation, watery eyes, or chemical burns. Others are have been linked to chronic long-term effects such as cancer, asthma, autoimmune disorders, eczema and more.
The main areas of concern with the chemicals in cleaning products are that they are known carcinogens, neurotoxins and endocrine disruptors. Some of the most common chemicals like formaldehyde, phenol, benzene, toluene, and xylene have been found to cause cancer and are often found in indoor air. Other problems like fibromyalgia, depression, chronic fatigue syndrome, arthritis, lupus, multiple sclerosis, Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s disease, irritable bowel syndrome, and hormone imbalance are also linked to chemical exposure.
I am not willing to take that risk. Especially not when I can get my house cleaner with non-toxic cleansers.
Two of my favorite that I use daily are: