Mmmmm, muffins are always a treat for the tastebuds, right? These muffins were a SURE winner. Light, cakey, sweet and satisfying.
1 1/4 cups brown rice flour (or oat flour)
3/4 cup of ground oatmeal (you can use a food processor or blender for this)
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon (admittedly, I never measure cinnamon. I am CERTAIN I used more than a tsp. We LOVE cinnamon here. Can never have too much cinnamon!)
1/3 cup peanut butter
2 medium overripe bananas
1 large egg (or chia egg – 1 tbsp chia seeds + 3 tbsp water)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups non-dairy milk
1. Preheat your oven to 375.
2. In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients.
3. In another bowl, mash the bananas then beat in the peanut butter and egg. Add the vanilla and milk and combine until well blended.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. The batter may be a tad thin.
5. Fill prepared muffin tin with batter and bake 15-18 minutes until toothpick inserted in the middle of a muffin comes out clean.