There is no greater food combination than peanut butter and chocolate.
End of story. 😉
This is another candy re-do for you to enjoy that still has ALL the sweet flavor but NONE of the guilt.
Eating healthy is indulgent, too!
I am out to prove that there ARE healthier options for those times when you want something sweet rather than savory.
3/4 cup no sugar added peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup melted dark chocolate (I use this brand of chocolate bars and melt them down down)
- In a small sauce pan, melt the filling ingredients.
- Pour the mixture into molds (I used silicone pumpkin shaped molds, you can use any shape you’d like but I would suggest silicone for easy removal)
- Put in freezer for at least an hour.
- Melt the chocolate to make the coating.
- Remove the molds from freezer and place on parchment paper.
- Pour melted chocolate into the molds about half way up.
- Drop the frozen peanut butter pumpkins back into the molds and press down so the chocolate encases the peanut butter. You might need to use your fingers to cover completely.
- Place in refrigerator to let cool. Store in the refrigerator.