1 pound green beans, rinsed, trimmed and cut in half
Himalayan sea salt and black pepper
2 cloves minced garlic
1 cup finely chopped cremini mushrooms (you could also use baby bella or button)
2 tbsp gluten free flour
3/4 cup vegetable broth
3/4 cup almond milk
1 1/2 cups gluten free fried onions
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and salt it well (to help season the green beans). Add green beans and cook for 5 minutes, then drain and place in a bowl of ice cold water. Drain, then set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, saute the garlic. Season with salt and pepper and cook for 2-3 minutes. Then add the mushrooms and cook for 3-4 more minutes until lightly browned. Add a splash of vegetable broth or water to keep from sticking.
- Sprinkle in the flour and whisk to coat the veggies. Slowly add in the vegetable broth and whisk to incorporate.
- Add in almond milk and whisk again. Cook for 5-7 more minutes, or until thick and bubbly. If need be, you can add more flour to thicken, about 2 tsp at a time.
- Remove from heat and stir in 1/2 cup of the fried onions. Transfer to casserole dish. Sprinkle remaining fried onions on top, and bake for 15 minutes,