I like pie, but it isn’t my weakness. I can usually resist indulging in a slice when there are leftovers. (Cookies….now THAT’S my weakness!).
This pie…chocolate pie….I think I now have a pie weakness!
It’s SO creamy and delicious, good luck having just one slice.
1/4 cup almond milk
1 1/2 tbsp tapioca starch
1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree (or 1 can if using canned)
1/4 cup coconut palm sugar
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
3 oz 72% dark chocolate
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (I use enjoy life brand)
2 tsp vanilla extract
- Bake your pie crust first. Once that is done you can prepare the filling.
- In a saucepan over medium heat add the milk and starch and mix well. Add pumpkin, sugar and spices and mix. Bring to a bubble.
- Remove from heat and stir in dark chocolate and semi sweet chocolate. Keep stirring until melted and mix it well until the mixture is smooth.
- Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Pour into pie crust and place in fridge to chill/set for 2-3 hours.