It has been said that rosemary is one of the best herbs for improving cognition/memory, relieving stress, boosting the immune system, relieving pain, and more.
I just love it because it tastes good! Especially in this flat bread. It goes great as a side dish to pasta. Or maybe even as a “deep” crust for pizza.
1 cup warm water
1 tbsp coconut palm sugar
1 packet active yeast
1 tsp Himalayan sea salt
2 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
2 cups gluten free all purpose flour
- In a large bowl, combine warm water, sugar and yeast. Let that sit for about 10 minutes to let it proof. It’ll get foamy. If it doesn’t, you likely have bad yeast, so you’ll want to start over.
- Stir in the salt, rosemary, and flour.
- Cover bowl and let dough rise for 1 hour.
- Turn your dough out onto cornmeal dusted parchment paper on top of pizza stone (it will be sticky) and let sit for another 30-40 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400. Place in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown.