It took several tries to get this gingerbread man just right.
This one is full of crunch with a very distinct ginger and molasses flavor.
The best part, though, is: NO refined sugar, NO dairy, and gluten free!
1 1/2 cups almond flour
3/4 cups tapioca flour
3/4 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp Himalayan sea salt
3 tbsp maple syrup
3 tbsp molasses
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the dry ingredients.
- Add in the molasses, maple syrup, and vanilla to the dry ingredients.
- Roll/press dough into a ball, then flatten to 1/4 inch thick between 2 sheets of parchment paper on a cookie sheet. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Pull back top layer of parchment paper and cut out gingerbread man shapes with a cookie cutter.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes. Let them cool on the pan.
- We chose not to decorate ours in an effort to stay away from refined sugar, but feel free to decorate yours as you wish. Just be sure the cookies are completely cool before doing so.