Not only is this sandwich bread yeast and gluten free, it is also dairy free, egg free, and sugar free! But trust me, it is NOT taste free.
It is a more dense bread than typical whole wheat sandwich breads, which I LOVE. It could tend to be more crumbly because it is lacking eggs and gluten which are binders so to get around having crumbly bread just keep it stashed in the refrigerator. Easy fix!
This came together easily in minutes! If you have allergies to be concerned about in your home this is the bread for you!
3 cups brown rice flour
2 tbsp aluminum free baking powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp Himalayan sea salt
2 1/2 cups coconut milk
5 tbsp ground flax seed
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a loaf pan with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, combine the milk and ground flax. Let sit for a minute so the flax gets gummy. Then mix in the apple cider vinegar.
- Combine the wet and the dry ingredients and mix well.The dough is more like a thick batter.
- Pour the dough into the loaf pan and smooth the top so it is even.
- Bake for 65 minutes until bread is golden brown.
- Let the bread cool at least 10 minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack.
- Allow the bread to cool completely before attempting to slice.