Since these muffins have no flour they are incredibly light, fluffy and springy muffins that are SURE to please! Bonus?? They are very quick and easy to make!
1 large ripe banana
1 chia egg
1/2 cup of your choice nut butter
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3 tbsp maple syrup (can substitute coconut palm sugar, honey or even stevia)
1 tbsp vanilla
1/4 tsp baking soda
pinch of sea salt (Himalayan pink sea salt is my FAV!)
mini chocolate chips (I use a dairy free brand or chop up a bar of fair trade dark chocolate)
- Preheat oven to 400F. Prepare mini muffin pan by greasing it with coconut oil.
- In your BLENDER add all the ingredients except the chocolate chips. Blend until creamy (about a minute).
- Add a heaping 1/2 cup of chocolate chips and stir by hand.
- Using a small spoon or scoop, drop into prepared muffin tin about 3/4 full.
- Drop a sprinkle of a few chocolate chips on top of each muffin.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes, until the tops are set and spongy and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.