I have no words. Good doesn’t even describe it. Neither does delicious, amazing or awesome.
All I can say is MAKE THESE. You won’t regret it. They taste like bad-for-you donuts with bad-for-you frosting…but they AREN’T.
2 avocado, peeled and pitted
1/2 cup unsweetened dark cocoa powder
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Add all ingredients into a large bowl and whip with a hand mixer until creamy.
- This can be stored in the fridge for a couple of days IF you have any left over after frosting your donuts.
Birthday Cake Donuts:
2 cups gluten free flour
1/4 cup coconut palm sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp Himalayan sea salt
3/4 cup vegan buttermilk (3/4 cup cashew milk + 1 tsp apple cider vinegar) * you could also use almond milk if you prefer
2 chia eggs **
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup vegan butter
- Preheat oven to 425 and grease a donut pan with coconut oil.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the buttermilk, chia eggs, vanilla and butter.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Spoon batter into donut pan and bake for 7-9 minutes, until donuts are set.
- After 5 minutes, remove donuts from pan and cool completely on a wire rack. Once completely cooled you can frost them.
** To make 2 chia eggs: mix 2 tbsp of chia seeds with 6 tbsp water and let sit for a minute until it turns gelatinous.