Another tasty pancake option!
1 chia egg **
1/2 cup plain coconut milk yogurt
1/2 cup non-dairy milk (I used Oat Milk)
1 1/4 cup gluten free baking flour
1/2 tsp aluminum free baking powder
1/4 tsp Himalayan sea salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1 large honey crisp apple, peeled, cored and minced (I used my food processor for this. Alternatively, you could also grate it using a grater. I don’t recommend applesauce, it’s too runny)
- Heat a griddle to medium high.
- To a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients together.
- Add the wet ingredients and mix well, until there are no lumps.
- Fold in the minced/grated apple.
- Ladle onto the hot griddle and cook each side for about 5 minutes each side, until golden brown. I have found that letting the batter sit for about 5 minutes before ladling into the griddle helps the batter “settle” and it doesn’t spread so thin.
**To make a chia egg use 1 tbsp of chia seeds and 3 tbsp of water. Mix together and let sit for a moment, it will turn gelatinous.