Instead of enclosed in a flaky crust, this pot pie is topped with mashed potatoes.
Plant-based, hearty, and delicious!
8 large potatoes, diced
2 large yellow onions, diced
3 large carrots, peeled and diced
3 cups frozen peas
3 cups frozen corn
3 cups frozen broccoli
6 tbsp tapioca starch
3 cups vegetable broth
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
salt/pepper to taste
- Dice and boil potatoes until fork tender. Drain, return to pot, and mash with a masher.
- In a large skillet, saute the onions and carrots for 7 minutes, until soft. You can add splashes of water or broth to keep from sticking if necessary.
- Add in the peas, corn, and broccoli and cook until heated through, another 5-7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the tapioca starch and vegetable broth in a bowl. Whisk until combined. Add to veggies along with the nutritional yeast, and stir well.
- Transfer the veggie mixture to a 9×13 pan. Spoon the mashed potatoes on top. Bake for 10-15 minutes at 400.