The pineal gland is a small gland located in the center of your brain. It has many functions, but the most noted function is the production of the hormone melatonin. Melatonin helps maintain circadian rhythm and regulates reproductive hormones.
Other functions of the pineal gland include:
- Help with depression/SAD (seasonal affective disorder)
- Prevent/eliminate cancer cells
- Decrease the influence estrogen has on tumor growth
- Helps lower blood sugar levels
The pineal gland plays an important role in our overall health, but doctors are finding more and more incidences of calcifying of the pineal gland. When the pineal gland is not able to function at full capacity, we begin to suffer major health problems. Damage to the pineal gland can lead to issues with the digestive system, respiratory system, blood circulation, kidney function, and immune system.
Brain scans have shown that older adults with dementia and Alzheimer’s have heavy calcification of their pineal gland. But what is more troubling, is that even children as young as 2 years old are starting to show signs of calcification, with signs of heavy calcification showing up by the time they are 17!
This proves that the way we are living our lives at a young age can have damaging effects on our future health. How we live and what we eat does matter.
The question is: What causes this calcification and can we stop/reverse this damage? Thankfully, the answer Is yes.
Common causes are:
- Fluoride (commonly in tap water, meat, toothpaste, soda, and artificial foods)
- Food additives/processed foods
- Environmental toxins
- Radiation from cell phones
- Screen time/too much blue light
There are steps we can take to restore the health of our pineal gland, and they are easy to incorporate into your life.
- Avoid fluoride! Get fluoride free toothpaste (or better yet make your own!), filter your water, and eat a whole food plant based diet.
- Take apple cider vinegar – a “shot” of apple cider vinegar in water with a bit of honey has far reaching effects, including decalcification of your pineal gland.
- Diffuse essential oils – lavender, frankincense and pine have been shown to boost the brains ability to decalcify.
- Eat foods that aid in detoxifying your body. Lemon, ginger, cilantro, greens and food high in fiber facilitate toxic elimination from your body.
- Reduce cell phone usage especially in the hours before bed as the light stimulates the pineal gland to shut down.
- Meditate daily – meditation has been shown to stimulate the pineal gland and promote decalcification.