If you like light and fluffy cake, then this is the cake for you!
It is a cross between a pancake and a muffin. Only it’s a cake!
This triple berry cake is healthy because it has no refined sugar and is topped with antioxidant-rich berries. You won’t have to feel guilty eating this for breakfast, dessert, or a snack.
Have your cake and eat it, too!
3 cups oat milk (or any non-dairy milk)
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 1/2 cups brown rice flour
1 1/2 cups gluten free flour
3 tbsp aluminum free baking powder
1 tsp himalayan sea salt
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1 cup chopped strawberries
1 cup blueberries
1/2 cup raspberries, cut in half
- Preheat oven to 375 and grease an 11×16 inch baking pan with coconut oil.
- In a medium sized bowl combine the milk and apple cider vinegar and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the vanilla, syrup, and coconut oil to the milk mixture and whisk.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until fully combined.
- Pour the batter into prepared pan. Bake for 15 minutes.
- While the cake is baking, chop the fruit. Pull the cake out after the timer goes off and sprinkle the berries on top, then bake for another 15 minutes. The cake is done with a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
** You’ll want to wait until halfway through baking before adding the berries, otherwise they will all sink to the bottom of the wet batter.**