Whole grains can be an important part of your diet, as they are associated with a lower risk of cardiovascular disease. Refined grains, however, are not associated with good health. Unfortunately, too many people opt for refined grains. Once the grain is pulverized and reduced to a powder (and the nutrients stripped away) it gets rapidly digested and causes blood-sugar levels to spike. This leads to a number of problems within the body including increased risk for diabetes, inflammation, GI problems, food allergies, and metabolic slow-down.
But who wants to give up pancakes forever!? I have good news! You can have your pancakes. And eat them, too! Grain free pancakes.
1 cup almond milk
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 cup almond flour
1/4 tapioca flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
1 tbsp organic maple syrup
6-10 drops Young Living lemon essential oil
- Pour the almond milk into a medium sized bowl and add in the ACV, set aside.
- Heat a skillet or griddle to medium heat, and add a bit of coconut oil to grease the surface.
- Stir together the flours, baking powder, and baking soda.
- To the bowl with the almond milk and ACV, add the chia eggs, lemon drops, melted coconut oil and syrup. Whisk well.
- Pour in the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir until no lumps remain.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls into the skillet or griddle and let set until bubbles form on top. Flip and heat on the other side, another 2-5 minutes.