It is possible to have treats while eating a whole food diet. Who wants to give up the occasional treat?! Just make sure you use wholesome ingredients, and you can “indulge” that sweet tooth with nature’s best food.
What makes it even better is that they are ready in 30 minutes. They are so tasty, though, that they might not last that long in the cookie jar. 🙂
1 1/2 cup oat flour
3 tbsp coconut oil, softened
1/3 cup maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup coconut oil, softened
3 tbsp non-dairy milk (almond, cashew, or oat milk work great)
1 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Combine all cookie ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix until a sticky but roll-able dough forms.
- Roll or press out on a sheet of parchment paper and using a cookie cutter, cut any shape you like. Carefully transfer to a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Cool completely before spreading filling on them.
- To make the filling: combine the softened coconut oil and syrup. Add the non-dairy milk 1 tbsp at a time. It will be clumpy at first but keep stirring and adding milk and it’ll get thick and creamy.
- Add a dollop onto have the cookies and top with the other half to form the sandwich.
- Store in the fridge!