You can have your cake and eat it, too! Especially when it is pumpkin cake! Anything with pumpkin is delicious, right?! Especially in the fall.
I have made this with maple syrup to sweeten it and also with unsweetened applesauce to reduce the sugar load. Both are equally delicious, but the syrup version is a tad sweeter.
This moist and spongy cake is great for breakfast, dessert, or a snack.
1 3/4 cup oat flour (you can purchase oat flour, or grind your own oats in a food processor for a more hearty texture which is my personal preference for this recipe)
1 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 1/2 tsp aluminum free baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup pumpkin puree (fresh or canned)
1 tbsp aquafaba or chia egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup maple syrup OR unsweetened applesauce
- Preheat oven to 350 and line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the dry ingredients together.
- In another bowl, whisk the wet ingredients together.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.