These aren’t just any snickerdoodle cookie, these are a gluten-free healthier version of the cinnamon-y sweet cookie! They’re perfect for cozying up with a warm mug of tea, a blanket, and a good book.
2 cups almond flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
3 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
3 tbsp pumpkin pie puree
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp cinnamon
1/4 cup coconut palm sugar
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, baking powder, and pumpkin pie spice.
- In another bowl, mix the coconut oil, pumpkin puree, syrup, and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until a ball of dough forms. Refrigerate for 10 minutes to make the dough easier to work with.
- In a shallow bowl stir together the cinnamon and palm sugar.
- Form dough balls, slightly smaller than golf ball size. Roll them into the cinnamon/sugar mixture. Place on baking sheet, and with the bottom of a flat drinking glass, press slightly to flatten the cookies to about 1/2 inch thick.
- Bake cookies for 10-13 minutes. They’ll be soft on the inside and firm on the outside. Allow them to cool completely on the baking sheet when done.