These crackers taste like a cross between a graham cracker and a shortbread cookie. Both are delicious so I am perfectly happy with marrying the two flavors. I am also perfectly happy that they are refined sugar free and gluten free. They go even better with the pumpkin spice fruit dip I made for them. I will add the recipe for that at the bottom of the page.
1 1/2 cups almond flour
2 tbsp coconut flour
1 tbsp tapioca starch
1 chia egg
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a food processor, add all ingredients and blend until a soft ball of dough forms.
- Transfer the dough to the counter, press out to about 1/4 inch thick. Using a cookie cutter, knife, or pizza cutter, make cut out your crackers and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes, or until golden. Transfer to a wire rack for cooling. They’ll be soft right out of the oven but till harden after cooling.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container for about 1 week.
Pumpkin Spice Fruit & Cracker Dip
1 can full fat coconut milk
1/4 cup pumpkin puree (fresh or canned)
1/4 cup honey
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp nutmeg
pinch of ground cloves
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- The night before, chill the canned coconut milk in the refrigerator.
- The next day, place a glass bowl and hand beaters in the freezer.
- Once ready, open the can of coconut milk and scoop out the cream that has separated to the top of the can and place it in the chilled bowl.
- Whip that coconut cream with the chilled beaters until fluffy.
- Add in remaining ingredients and whip until well mixed.