Chewy, cinnamon-y, sweet – these cookies are a real treat when you are looking for a healthier cookie option.
Is it really possible to make something this good and have it also be gluten-free, dairy-free, and refined sugar free, oil-free, and egg-free? Yep!
2 1/2 cups almond flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 tbsp ground cinnamon
1/2 cup natural creamy almond butter (cashew butter is good, too!)
3/4 cup maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.
- In a small bowl, whisk the wet ingredients together.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir well to thoroughly combine. The dough will be thick and sticky.
- Using your hands, roll about 1 tbsp of dough at a time into balls. Place balls on baking sheet about an inch apart because they will melt and spread a bit during baking.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Let cool on baking sheet for a few minutes then transfer to a wire rack to continue cooling completely.