You won’t miss the ground beef or ground turkey in this loaf. It is incredibly savory and loaded with phytonutrients and plant-based protein.
1 cup cooked brown rice
2 cups oatmeal bread crumbs *
1 cup finely chopped walnuts
1 small onion, finely diced
2 celery stalks, finely diced
2 carrots, finely diced
1 pound organic non-GMO firm tofu
1/4 cup tomato sauce
3 tbsp coconut aminos
2 tbsp stone ground mustard
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350.
- * OATMEAL breadcrumbs: in a food processor, grind oatmeal with 1 tsp each of onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, and ground black pepper. Set aside.
- In a food processor, grind the walnuts until fine. Set aside.
- Saute the onion, celery, and carrots in a skillet with a splash of vegetable broth until soft. About 5 minutes.
- In a food processor, puree the tofu.
- In a large bowl, combine the tofu, rice, vegetables, and oatmeal breadcrumbs.
- Mix in the sauce, coconut aminos, mustard, and pepper. Knead it by hand in the bowl until it all comes together.
- Transfer to a loaf pan and spread evenly with the back of a spoon or by hand.
- Bake for 60 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.