1 1/2 cups brown rice
1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
1 1/2 cups tomato sauce
1 heaping tsp Italian seasoning
1 onion, diced
1 can beans, drained and rinsed (I used chickpeas but kidney beans and black beans work well, too)
10oz bag frozen corn
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp cumin
4-6 bell peppers, any color
1/2 cup tomato sauce (in addition to the 1 1/2 cups above)
- In a large pot, add rice, veggie broth, 1 1/2 cups sauce, herbs, and onion. Bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer until rice is done cooking and liquid is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot, bring water to a boil. Chop the tops off the peppers and hollow out. Add the peppers to the pot of boiling water and let boil for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Once rice is finished, add in the beans, corn and seasonings. Mix well.
- On the bottom of a casserole dish, pour 1/2 cup of sauce to coat the bottom. Place peppers in the casserole dish. Fill with rice mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Once done, you can top it with salsa, cilantro, or avocado.