This really is the perfect plant-based hearty meal. It’s incredibly easy (and quick!) to make. It is full of life-giving foods to promote optimal health, but when you and your family are hungry and want dinner on the table STAT all anyone cares about is “is dinner ready yet?!” You can say “yes!” with this soup. On the table in 30 minutes!
1 1/2 cups diced onion
2 cups peeled and chopped carrots
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 32 oz.container of vegetable broth
2 (14.5 oz) cans diced tomatoes (undrained) (or about 8-10 chopped and seeded roma tomatoes)
3 cups peeled and diced potatoes
1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
2 bay leaves
Himalayan Sea Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 1/2 cups chopped frozen or fresh green beans
1 1/4 cups frozen or fresh corn
1 cup frozen or fresh peas
- Add onions and carrots to a large pot and saute 3 – 4 minutes.
- Add garlic and saute 30 seconds longer.
- Pour in broth and add tomatoes, potatoes, parsley, bay leaves, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil.
- Add green beans, reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 20 – 30 minutes.
- Last, add corn and peas and cook 5 minutes longer. Serve warm.