Anytime I can work in some chocolate to a meal I know it’ll be a hit. I don’t make these super often because they are REALLY good and I may eat WAY too many myself. Or I may just be too generous with the handfuls of chocolate chips that go straight to my mouth and don’t make it into the batter.
2 cups brown rice flour
1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
1 tbsp aluminum-free baking powder
1/2 tsp Himalayan sea salt
1 cup dairy-free milk (I use either almond milk or cashew milk)
1/3 cup vegan butter (melted) or coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400 and grease a muffin pan with coconut oil. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat the chia eggs, milk, butter, and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients. Fold in the chocolate chips, setting a few aside to press on top of each muffin right before you place the pan into the oven.
- Scoop batter into the muffin pan, sprinkle a few chocolate chips on top, then place into the oven and bake for 17-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Cool for a few minutes before serving.