Salt gets a bad rap, but not all salt is evil.
There are several benefits of Himalayan salt you should know about. Himalayan salt stands out because of its nutritional value, consisting of a large amount of essential minerals. Often called “pink salt”, Himalayan salt contains chloride, sulfate, magnesium, potassium, calcium, phosphorus, selenium, copper, zinc, and fluoride. Because the majority of minerals available in this salt exist in the colloidal form, they can easily be absorbed by the human cells. Because of its bioavailability, Himalayan salt offers a wide range of healing and therapeutic uses for both physical and mental health. The following is a list of some reasons to take the white table salt out of your diet and put the pink salt in.
- Helps maintain fluid balance: Himalayan salt consists of a few electrolytes that regulate hydration within the human body. Without appropriate hydration, the cells within your body cannot function properly. The main electrolytes in Himalayan salt are potassium, calcium, sodium, chloride, and magnesium. These electrolytes are rapidly absorbed by the human body.
- It can detoxify the body: You can use Himalayan salt as an ingredient in your detoxifying and rejuvenating bath. The electrical charge of this salt plus its different minerals gets transferred into the water. When taking a bath with this water, it can draw the toxins out of the healthy cells of your body. Then, those toxins will be released out of your whole system.
- Supports the cleansing of your digestive tract: The pink salt acts as a laxative forcing your digestive system to naturally release accumulated toxins in the form of waste. In turn, this helps keep your gastrointestinal system healthy.
- Helps maintain a balanced pH level: It is extremely important to have a healthy pH level within the body, meaning the body cells are somewhat alkaline in nature. A balance of pH level aids in appropriate functioning of your body and may inhibit the development of cancer cells, fungi, disease-causing bacteria, parasites and viruses. This salt can maintain this alkalinity within your body because it helps eliminate acidic toxins out of your body. It can also be useful in removing harmful metals such as mercury, lead and arsenic from your body.
- Helps with dental health: Himalayan salt can help treat gingivitis, cavities andeliminate bad breath. Thanks to the potassium content, this salt can prevent the gums from bleeding. The calcium content can aid in strengthening teeth. Himalayan salt has antibacterial and antiseptic properties which can prevent bacterial growth within the mouth, one of the major causes of oral problems.
- Can normalize your blood sugar level: Those suffering from diabetes and those at a high risk of this disease could reap a lot of benefits from Himalayan salt. Chromium, manganese, vanadium and magnesium in this salt could help keep your blood sugar level normal.
- Prevents muscle cramps: This salt offers a proper electrolyte and fluid balance, an important aspect of muscle health. The amount of magnesium within this salt supports muscle health by naturally stimulating the calcium uptake. Both calcium and magnesium are important for the strength of muscles. Additionally, this salt consists of potassium, a critical mineral for healthy muscle functioning. I love adding a cup of this salt along with baking soda and Young Living Lavender essential oil to my detox baths.
- Relieves skin inflammation: Having high levels of magnesium with its inflammatory, hydrating properties, this salt can relieve inflamed skin by strengthening the skin barrier and retain the skins moisture. Make a salt scrub with coconut oil, Himalayan salt and essential oils to rejuvenate your skin.
- Improves sleep: Sound sleep is necessary for the general health. If you are suffering from sleep apnea or sleep deprivation, use Himalayan salt. The salt contains many minerals supporting your adrenal glands and keeps your body alkaline, thereby promoting sound sleep. The magnesium content is important for relaxation, decreasing stress and improving sleep quality.