When it comes to combating the germs in my house I look no further than my oil cabinet. And even though there are many oils that can be used to strengthen the immune system, my go to is always and will always be Thieves.
Thieves is a blend of oils that are some of the strongest immune supporting oils there are. Clove, lemon, eucalyptus radiata, cinnamon and rosemary make up the Thieves blend.
- Clove is one of the greatest promoters of overall health of all the essential oils. And there are many oils that can fight for that title! So you know you are getting your lion’s share of immune power with this one!
- Lemon is great at helping the body purge the unwanted waste and germs that have accumulated. It can also calm a sore and achy throat.
- Eucalyptus Radiata is an oil great for expelling excess mucus and can open airways.
- Rosemary can reduce cortisol, thereby reducing stress caused by not feeling well. This stress reduction is a very calming and added benefit for sleep time!
- Cinnamon can assist in stimulating your immune system to fight off unwanted “bugs.”
Lavender is another oil I like to add to the diffuser at night. It has a very calming effect on your vagus nerve (which is a nerve that runs from your brain down to your abdomen and controls many parts of the body – it is the control center of your parasympathetic nervous system). Anything calming for bed time is a winner in my book. Doesn’t hurt that it smells so good, especially mixed with the oils in Thieves.